Wednesday, December 14, 2011

On my disappointment: Songs of the Year


So, as many of you may have realized over the years, I'm a bit of a hipster. I feed myself little lies everyday that I'm not actually that much of a douchebag annoying in my pretentiousness, AND I TOTALLY BELIEVE THEM. As such, it should surprise no one that I read Pitchfork (daily). However, if I were a REAL hipster I would never actually read Pitchfork, unless of course it was ironically done of course. But maybe the best way to read it "ironically" is to…  OW, MY BRAIN.

ANYWAYS…

So recently, Pitchfork came out with their top 100 songs of the year feature. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THEIR LIST IS BULLSHIT.

1. No Youth Lagoon
2. No Youth Lagoon
3. No Youth Lagoon

Runner up: No WU LYF

This is up there with Fate/Zero having an episode without Broskander



They mildly redeem themselves from utter dishonor by putting Azealia Banks near the top; 212 is a fucking fantastic song and I'm really interested to see where Banks goes in the next couple of years (Link time).

But seriously? How is Montana NOT EVEN ON THE LIST (Link time)? If I had feelings, I would be feeling so many of them right now, rather than a dull ache in the empty spot where my heart used to be after it got scooped out from watching that video. Now, everyone has their own taste in music blah blah blah, but I still feel like he deserved some recognition, especially considering his album / video were very highly praised by Pitchfork

SOLUTION!

I don't really have one, unless bitching on the internet counts, because if I've learned anything from my Reddit obsession it's that WHINING ON THE INTERNET SOLVES EVERYTHING.

(And also it makes you really handsome, charming, and attractive)*
*Warning: Claim not empirically validated


ANYWAYS, REAL CONTENT COMING SOON.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLd5ywdTvi4

    This should cheer you up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT'S WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU SPILL BROSKANDER'S DRINK! If/when he dies, manly tears...

    ReplyDelete