Tuesday, December 20, 2011

ALL THE IMAGE MACROS: A summary of our DND Party Pt. 1

HERE'S A MAP OF THE WORLD WE TORE TO SHIT.

Alright, so I already talked a very small bit about what this campaign was like, so I wanted to give a brief overview of the party. And, you know, a picture is worth a thousand words, right? So that means if I use pictures I don't have to write much. THIS PLAN IS FOOLPROOF!!!

NOTE: following descriptions of characters, are just like, my opinion man, and not based off of your "facts" and shit. I'm a free thinker.
So first, up, is my character, Cynan; a lovable half-orc fighter and all around DPS machine. Oh yeah, he also intimidated people 'til they shat themselves to death. THAT'S NOT WHAT A NAT 20 SHOULD DO!


Essentially, what happened is that I had this whole long 50 page depressing (awesome) backstory written, but I decided I didn't want to burn through that character in a campaign where I'll only be playing him every other week. SOLUTION. Make him a drunken, whoremongering, brute with a heart of gold (who is also illiterate). The drunken aspect more came from a brilliant plan I had, as my clever solution to allow myself to drink more out of character was to have Cynan drunk IN CHARACTER. Brilliant roleplaying yes?

Needless to say, I loved playing this character; probably my favorite I've ever rolled.

So next up is Acre, our half-elf warden. Pretty cool guy, ehh?


So Acre was pretty much backstory-wise socially awkward penguin, and you know, really into protecting nature and all that jazz. I figure since over the course of the campaign he beat multiple people to death with pointy sticks he's more in the "militant" environmentalist group (voted most likely to become an ELF recruiter post-campaign). However, at some point his character had a dramatic change of heart and became super bigoted toward half-orcs, specifically my character. I SWEAR TO THE OLD GODS I DID NOTHING! And by jove, after that, the weekly racist tirades blended together with his fondness for fashion, still don't know where that came from. 

Why is it that every DND campaign ends up with at least one character becoming a grumpy bigot advocating the genocide of my chosen race? I ask you, why?

So the final character for PART 1 is Gollem, our warforged runepriest.


I'm pretty fuckin confident there was, in fact, no actual plan for what this character was supposed to be, save for a requirement of being detached from the the standards of civil society. Then things just started getting weird, and dark; so the only logical choice was STRAP ON SOME FLOODLIGHTS.
IT WAS ACTUALLY PRETTY AWESOME. NOT GONNA LIE.

From there, it just started getting weird, and Gollem started developing a penchant for just doing his own shit and his own plans apart from the party. I TOTALLY APPROVE, cause as weird and detached from reality/the party it got, some of it turned out pretty amazing (bluff my way to controlling enemy airship while party waits for me to get off my ass? CAN DO). Gollem was a great source of lulz for me, although I doubt the rest of the party felt that way.

PART 2 is coming at some point! Stay tuned folks!

2 comments:

  1. I approve very thoroughly, although I feel I shouldn't >_>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm glad you liked it; just wait until I get to part 2 :P

    ReplyDelete